Candle

Candle light, water dripping beyond the window, fridge humming, candle light burning illuminating this keyboard.  About ten years ago when my grandmother bought this computer for me I was in Best Buy deciding on which one to buy.  I found a neat one where the keys lit up, they were illuminated from underneath.  I loved that feature but opted not to buy it.  Here I am now typing away.  I remember thinking back then that if I got this computer then I would write.  Finally I am. 

The writing started way back when, more than ten years ago when I got this computer.  It started when I was just a wee lad writing poetry and stories. 

I heard a women speak today at the Glenwood neighborhood monthly gathering.  She is a politician, or wants to be one, or a label that I am giving her because she is running for office.  She spoke of, I cannot fully remember what she spoke of.  Maybe it is not that important or wasn't that memorable.  It was more of her presence.  She gave a good speech.  She seemed genuine.  She did give political answers to questions given.  Answers that sounded formulated and calculated.  Answers that left no room for vulnerability. 

There was a man that gave a speech as well.  He is running a community exercise program.  It is actually a nationwide program.  He went on and on.  People liked it.  I emailed him when I got home about this program actually and intend on giving it a go.  I would like to be more fit.  I have asked for this. 

The Senate yesterday acquitted the president of charges brought against him.  Breaking the constitution and such.  Now he runs free, still in office.  To cheers.  And head nods and torn papers. 

I am grateful for this experience here on Earth.  It is a great challenge.  The words spoken by a friend reading the cards says that to get to know and love the unknown. 

There are these words too spoken by the man: something greater than ourselves.  What that means to me is when two or more people get together with an intention, that is the most powerful, when there is an intention.  When they get together some magic happens because that intention clarifies and grows with the group as they learn it and speak it and practice learning and growing with the unknown.  They see a vision and share it and let it unfold and the glorious and mysterious way that it does because there is all of this, there is all these people here together on each interacting with each other.  And in all those interactions things can get muddied.  Yet, it is the one individual that can choose to be affected by it all, choose to be affected by people and ideas, or not. 

Something greater than oneself when there is no self is hard to achieve.  Rather difficult.  Something greater than oneself, some greatness or lessness rather a noneness.  Without a self there is nothing greater than it. 

It is what it is, words said by another.  There is a self.  A knowledge, a person, a narrator.  This we are learning.  This we know and are learning.  So this self indulges the fancy of something greater than oneself which is still an oxymoron.  Because nothing exists outside the self.  Everything is contained within the self.  The greater self that is.   

Something greater than oneself is the tapping into our greater self.  But simply it is not only thinking of ourselves but thinking of others. 

In this wondrous universe, there is day and light, light and dark.  There are choices, yes.  A playground is erected.  A choice has been made to give.  To give ones time.  To do such a thing as to collect the dollars to build such and such thing for others.  For the community.  I am straying from, I am tired, I am here to do this one thing.  One thing or two.  If it were just one thing it would be to heal.  Heal by experiencing this life in the best and most enjoyable way possible free of constraint of mind distracting.  Free of myself saying it can't be done.  Free of sacrifice.  I am here to simply love and be loved.  I am here to create and transcend fear and limitation.  I am here to just experience and me known by myself.  My self that connects to my greater self.  This thought is one to be learned through the mind and in the silent of the rain beating on the window and the candle burning. 

This thought, this moment, returning to that.   

Image result for candlelight

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Forest Hums

Hop One Foot

Tree Snap