Caw

Crows.  They are all over my neighborhood.  Right near my house actually.  Someone on a vegan Facebook group mentioned that there are coyotes approaching her house and that it is unnerving.  Various approaches were offered to ward off said coyotes.  One interesting approach was to simply enjoy their presence.  That it is not very often one can be so up close and personal with a member of our Earth family such as the coyote.  My offering was the question, what is the metaphysical significance of a coyote in your backyard?

I always thought of the crow as a symbol of the third eye.  Maybe because I read and watch too much Game of Thrones.  I think of the Alfred Hitchcock film too The Birds.  This is a film where the birds turn literally into a murder of crows and start attacking people.  This has not happened yet in my neighborhood but I do wonder, what are they saying to me?

Black is a symbol of spirituality.  Black is said to be the absence of all colors.  Like a black hole swallowing everything within a certain radius.  I think of the black of the Nights Watch (Game of Thrones).

I think of Johnny Cash too.  The man in black.  Who played and wrote songs like me.  I have not written in a while.

I think of the third eye again and tapping into the world within that is full of symbols and meaning.  The lower world in shamanism where animals speak and give messages.

I guess the crows really like the Piedmont climate.  It does not get too cold, it is relatively flat and somewhat close to the ocean.  There is probably ample detritus about for food.  I imagine that they eat all sorts of things including carrion, food scraps, bugs, plant matter.  Small children.

I have a crow feather that a friend gave to me.  I use it to awaken mine, and others, third eye.  The third eye is ones psychic center.  It is where one can tap into visions.  Some are really in tune to this.  Often in my dreams I tap into this.  Sometimes in my waking state I receive intuition.  Sometimes I see visions when I let my mind go free.  Sometimes I tap into animals and talk to them.  Like the other day when I asked my friends cat what was wrong.  What I heard was that he needed wet food.  Being an old cat the constant dry food is hard on his system.  I talk to my dogs all the time.  It is usually pretty simple like it's time for a walk or I am hungry or I want on the bed, a snuggle. 

The crow also represents law in the Medicine Card deck.   The law of nature, the natural order.  Perhaps they are a sign for me to be more conscious of the Earth.  Always tuning in to her.  That feels nice.

black reminds me of the night and stars all out and the sliver of moon resting in the sky just right for a Cheshire cat to sleep on
a perfect cushion, the night sky, for opening up
to our self and the universe

crows, and Cash, The Nights Watch, and the Men in Black
Cool shades to block my inner being
To remain hidden and mysterious
The unknown
Going to that place
Being in the place
that is unknown
Combat boots and skin heads, shaved heads, and flight jackets
dark things
brought to light
like the light of day today
our light
each individual
shines

In this wondrous universe, I am at a new coffee tea shop and bakery.  A vegan muffin and non-vegan smoothie fills my belly.  Coyotes howl, crows caw.  The chatter of nearby customers talking of relationships.

I am growing in relationship to myself which connects me closer with the Universe.  Tonight a Lyft night but for now I must swim and dream and be with the whales, and crows, and howl of the infinite and ever expanding possibilities universe.

Image result for sliver of moon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Forest Hums

Hop One Foot

Tree Snap