The Dragon Knight

I am here with my chai tea.  Chess people are near by.  Music snaps and syncopates in the background.  Nervous legs creaking chairs.  Talk of end game.  The end is not neigh.  I do not think I have a specific goal for this entry.  I am inspired by Golden Christed Dragons though.  I was tired and sort of napping but I got out of da house to come here to "my" coffee and tea house to write.  That was my intention but I just happened to know there was chess going on.  Maybe I will get in a game.

As my whole being fully arrives I settle in.  And I give thanks.  Thank you all for being here with me!  What a journey this is here on Earth.  I continually am inspired.  There are the bouts of depression.  Yes, they are there.  I continue to be with that and also to reach out and swim and read and find things in me that inspire.  Kryon helps!  Art helps!!  Everyone helps!!!  Work helps!!!  Improv games help.  At least the thought of them.  I have not played in years.  I was thinking what a great tool they would be to bring people together and to loosen up.  I want to do it.  With friends.  I remember how playing improv games changed my life.  We performed.  We played, practiced.  It was all about improv when we were doing improv.  Even on the stage.  One is transformed when doing improv.  Indeed.  It is the letting go.  Like right here.  Embracing the unknown.  Realizing our patterns.  And releasing.  Thank you. 

I accept me.  I accept you.  Fully.  I deepen into the God that is me within You.  What that means is being fully alive in the present.  When one writes it is unusual because one must bring all the memory into the present.  And catapult into the now and the future. 

John J. Muth is a fun children's author.  Maybe he writes for adults too.  I will have to check.  (He is an illustrator and illustrated for comics for a long time and then became interested in writing children's stories when he became a father.)    He writes Zen stories.  About a Panda and friends.  He tells stories within stories. 

If I were to tell a story to my nephew it would go like this:

One Day I Was Late by Kahlulee Kahleelee
Dear boy.  Dear boy.  The dear boy woke up late for school.  How did that happen??!!!  He was crying but mom got him to school right away.  Mom and dad had overslept too.  This had never happened before but some kind of time warp had happened causing a change in the time continuum.  Everything in the boys house was an hour late, like they had somehow skipped over one hour.  But the boy knew he was late because when he woke the clock said 8:03.  He was supposed to be at school by 7:30.  Everything was off.  When he got to school the math lesson was confusing because he had missed the first half.  At lunch, he had to eat his friends half-a-pizza because the boy had forgot his.  At recess, he had to sit out for 10 minutes because he was late for school.  What had happened?  How could this time thing have happened??  When he got home he looked at his clock, it showed 3:30 pm.  He thought back to the night before and to when he woke up late.  He really didn't know time had jumped until he realized that during his dream a dragon had told him he was going to be late that day.  "But why?" he asked the dragon.  "Because if you were on time you would have hit that speeder who was rushing to get his mother to the hospital who was having a heart attack.  He ran a red light.  We had to jump the time in your house otherwise you might have died."  Might have died?  He remembered when his cat died in the car.  Somehow it had gotten trapped in there on a hot day.  He remembered when his uncle lost his dog to a car accident.  Ironic.  "Are you always there helping me Dragon?"  "Yes," replied the dragon.  "Especially children.  Once you come of age, less so until you ask.  We are here to help you, always."  Cool, thought the boy!  "Can I call on you anytime?"  "Yes, you can replied," the dragon.  Awesome!!!  The boy was stoked.  A real life dragon, or was it real?  Soon the memory of the dream had disappeared and he was back in his room wondering if dreams were real.  His mom came in the room.  "Honey, it's time to go to be."  She read him a story.  His dad came in to read to him too.  Two stories in one night!  "Love you mom.  Love you dad."  The boy thought about his dragon as he was falling asleep.  I hope I see him again.  Thank you for helping me. 

It is funny how children can inspire you.  I hope that you are inspired by any little thing.  I love you.  Be well and remember that if it weren't for breath you wouldn't still be here. 

Dragon Inside by Kahlulee Kahleelee
the breath of dragons
fire
gentle
woke me up
and took me out
for a ride
into happiness
acceleration, the dragon went
with me on it's back
whew
around the world in ten seconds
out into the universe!
i close my eyes
and saw his eye
golden gleaming
and i nearly fell into it
i rested there beside her
her belly rising
and me rising with her
me rising with her
me rising with the tide
swish
retreat
and again
swish
gargle spit
right back into the ocean
dragon eyes
vertical
warm in my heart
and thankful

My chess friends who don't know me are packing up and it is a little sad but maybe just maybe we will play. 

And play, we did. 

Source: https://www.scholastic.com/teachers/authors/jon-j-muth/

Image result for dragon metaphysical
Source: http://www.jmurdoch.com/2016/11/12/dream-with-your-dragon/

And also: https://dianacooper.com/

'Tis a wondrous universe filled with dragons and games of chess!  Long live inspiration!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Forest Hums

Hop One Foot

Tree Snap