TP Finds You When You Need It

Hello friends.  I am surrounded by books, pictures, crystals, machine washing, cat, fresh air (as far as I know- the window is open and the birds chirp), all the good things.  Some of you may be with your families, or your loved one (who may be driving you crazy), or whatever the case may be- I hope you are well.

I am well.  It feels good to get out and drive for a bit and then thinking of that frozen Snickers, pass it up and go to the food store you haven't been to in a while and find tp, ice cream, pizza, and several other assorted goodies.  I have not yet run out of tp, thank the Maker.

You may find yourself watching movies lately.  Myself, I've been watching a Star Trek series called Deep Space Nine.  I am very glad for it.  There are like 7 seasons with at least twenty episodes, about 40 to 45 minutes a piece.  That's enough for a while.  I usually watch an episode a day, sometimes two when I am really chillaxin.

Sometimes you cannot have what you want.  But I am grateful to be able to still engage with life in that way that it is showing up.  Many are at home and not going out much and that may be a blessing or a curse.  I will say that there are still opportunities to head out.  Here in Greensboro, the weather has been superb the past week, or two, making for ideal walking and hiking conditions.  I discovered a greenway nearby and the dogs and I are making ourselves at home there.  Today I was able to let them off the leash and run around, dip around in the creek, and sniff to their hearts content without me having to be tied to them.

In some ways we have this leash that is tied to us.  Sometimes the leash is good and we choose it but other times we need to let it go.  We miss that leash.  We miss that connection.  And we think back, what if?  Here, I take a deep breath and know that the time is now and that better things are coming.  What exactly, I do not know exactly, but I know that I do create what is coming by what I am doing now and what I am imagining.

Take minute here and imagine what it is you do want.  See it in your minds eye- smell it, touch it, taste it- make it as real as possible.  Then breathe again and know, when the time is right, it will come.

I have a pizza in the oven and ice cream in the fridge.  It is Sunday and that makes a nice evening meal- quick and easy.  Let's not forget the salad!

The garden is erupting in some ways and not so much in others.  Fortunately, I have discovered a new plot right down the road in the Glenwood neighborhood called the Steelman Community Garden.  There I will plant some more things, things that I haven't grown here at my apartment garden or that are not doing well like the cucumber and eggplant; I may need more room too for the squash- the plant gets huge!  I will probably go with seed and see what I get popping up.  I like carrots.  Artichoke would be fabulous.  So would asparagus but I know that takes time, time.

What have you been up to?  Are you looking forward to things going "back to normal"?  Or will things be a little different when we return to daily life?  Will corona come creeping back until we have a vaccine, probably so.  Be prepared.

The Zoom is fun and I am finding myself doing more tech stuff, fun tech stuff that isn't really all that techy like creating Power Points for the residents at Peacehaven or even creating a customized online Jeopardy game!  I still have this puzzle staring at me but I have been busy finishing up a non-profit class, writing and working.  Musicing too.

The coronavirus does present challenges but it is nice to see people being nice and working through the challenge the best they can.

In this wondrous universe, the multiverse encourages you to find the sweet spot in the here and now, whatever that may look like to you.  You are supported, loved, and as always, the best thing that has ever existed on this planet.

It Was The Best of Times, The Worst of Times – Random Musings

Comments

  1. I missed you at the astrologer meet up, we discovered more on our careers. I'm finding time to lead more yoga online

    Here's to your green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you find a silver lining in everything! Really nice article Kahlulee! So grateful for your friendship!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Forest Hums

Hop One Foot

Tree Snap