Neighbors

 Good morning.  I am going to limit myself to twelve minutes for this writing.  I am going to work with Backpack Beginnings (BB) so I can add to my AmeriCorps hours, which is almost at its' end, and to say goodbye and thank you to my friends at BB for time well spent.  I know I had my quibbles about the program, and the other programs; we are not perfect but we can strive for it.  

Like to today in the neighborhood.  As I was walking through the park the bike that I have been seeing thrown on the ground was still there, there were still plastic bottles strew around the picnic bench, that I imagine the kids playing basketball had left, and the blow up pool was still out, along with shoes and socks and various other things that the people leave out, as if the public park were their backyard.  I could pro'lly go pick it all up and well, what would that accomplish?  People would probably come back and do the same thing again.  I was imagining calling the city and maybe a officer could come down or the governor with her retinue and give a talk about littering and public space.  

I saw the man I see often around who picks out garbage and recycled materials from the cans on garbage day, mostly;  he is around other days too because people leave their trash bins out at the road often- maybe they leave it out for him.  That seems an act of compassion.  

When I run around the field I feel grateful that I have the field to run around in.  But then I think this could be better!  Maybe it could be completely enclosed in with fence so that my dogs could run around with me too.  Often I will let them off but I have to watch them because rabbits and groundhogs live nearby.  

I feel rushed because of the time limit and maybe the peanut butter malt ball I had (it was actually two).  I do appreciate the neighborhood and the yards kept up with lots of plants and flowers and perhaps vegetables for people who want to grab some as they walk by.  This neighborhood is considered a food desert, as far as I know.  Lots of good to see.

Maybe next time when I see my friends I can kindly mention to pick up their trash.  Or maybe I will do it myself and set an example.  Maybe just maybe there will be one less siren and one less dog bark from the dogs that are always out acting as security guards instead of being inside and loved as the angels they are.  

In this wondrous universe we do our best and I hope and I say that my heart is less tense and that I can breath in more love and exhale more love, peace, joy, and forgiveness.  This I can radiate each moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Forest Hums

Hop One Foot

Tree Snap