This Is The Revolution

Greetings.  

Today is another day.  That sounds a little depressing, but actually it was a pretty good day.  

I am meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow.  

I met some folks today while driving.  Some people like to complain to me about their work.  It was an interesting complaint though.  This fellow I Lyfted works at the Greensboro Urban Ministry.  He was complaining about people who come to the center for lunch and complain about the lunch.  He seems to know that some of the big time complainers are people who have a house and a car and maybe a job, I do not know, and come to get a free lunch.  Whereas the people who are actually homeless and need the meal do not complain.  I said that maybe the meal should only be open to people who actually need it but that maybe that would be hard to police but still, seems like a free lunch for people who are homeless and really need it should be just for them, not the complainers.  But people like to complain because it is like a load off the shoulders, so I listened and offered my two-cents.  Another person I met, who I am eating lunch with tomorrow, said that people she works with, such as City Council members, really do not give two hoots about the drug problem in their area.  What happens is that the addicts are given methadone in the prison and they get addicted to that, then, when they are released, they can go get methadone at the free methadone clinics and continue their addiction.  Her complaint was that they are not getting real help, just the drug, and the city council will just barely hear her plea for aid to set up programs to help them get jobs, homes, training, transportation, and all the rest.  

Dating is hard in some ways.  First you have to do the app thing.  Then you have to text through the app.  That gets tiring.  People think it is a big step to talk on the phone.  I think a lot more can be accomplished on the phone and with more efficiency, generally.  The phone can be tiring too, sometimes, but at least you get a better feel for the person.  

It has been cool here in Greensboro, North Carolina.  This is the best time of year, when it is cool.  There has been rain and some overcast days, which brings the coolness, but I do not mind it too much.  It means I do not have to water the garden!  

My leg is starting to feel better for which I am grateful.  This is what the guy who works at the Greensboro Urban Ministry wanted to see more of.  He was a white male, older.  Reminded me of President Trump when he was telling the American people that he wanted to see more people being grateful for his policies.  This is funny.  This may be a bit different here but there is this power struggle going on.  I do not take part in it.  I just notice it and hold my vibration.  I know I slip up from time to time and break a foot but, hey, I take full responsibility!   

I was imagining today growing oats.  I wonder what it takes to do that and then to make oat milk from the oats.  I was thinking maybe I could see if I could get some to grow at the community garden.  I do not see people selling oat milk at the farmer's market so I thought maybe I could move in on that market.  This is funny to me.  But if one is to participate in this wonderful venue one has to start somewhere.  I mean, the farmer's market is where it's at.  You get to meet and talk to the people who actually make and grow what they are selling.  This is the revolution!

I remember reading a One Straw Revolution by Masanobu Fukuoka.  What a great book.  It is great because it is so simple: grow to live; that's what I am getting right now from the book and my thoughts.  Grow things without weeding, without pesticides, without tilling... he called it do-nothing farming.  It has been so long since I read it but I remember he was getting the best rice yields of all the farmers around because he didn't keep his rice fields flooded with water; he only did that maybe once or twice a season to control the weeds.  The rest of the time he grew it like you might grow wheat.  He also instituted seed balls.  He created a field of clover, made seeds balls with clay, sand and water, and with a variety of seeds, and broadcast those into the field.  All the vegetables grew together!  No nonsense!!!  Amazing.  I still want to go see his farm in Japan.  He has passed on but his proteges are still maintaining the farm.  

I had fun with my brother and nephew this weekend.  It was a short visit but enjoyable.  This kid is so funny.  You just have to meet him.  He is kind of inappropriate!  

Well, I will bid you adieu very soon.  


When I was down

you came to me in a dream

and rested your head on my shoulder

and how sweet it was


Thank you all for listening.  

In the wonder of the universe there is infinite ways in which one might go about and express themselves: dance, typing, writing; may the one that makes your heart sing be a part of your daily life.

Blessings to you all.  

With love,










https://morganhilllife.com/2018/05/18/your-garden-with-kate-russell-oats-in-the-garden-or-landscape/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Forest Hums

Hop One Foot

Tree Snap