Sun Shine Free

Good morning.  It's a Sunday.  The dryer hums and some birds' squawk, off in the distance.  The sun is out and there is a coolness to the fall air.  

The sun was shining and I closed my eyes.  This allowed me to cut my dogs, David, nails.  

He is so brutal, at times, because so many times I have missed the mark and cut too high, which he hates, and then there is blood, which is no fun.  (He once bit my mom when she got too close and tried to pull out a tick.  He can be so sensitive sometimes but he has come a long way since).  

The sun allowed me to release my fear and relax.  The sun gives and gives and when you receive it fully, basking in its warmth and omnipresence, it receives.  And it becomes more happy.  It appreciates more, it basks in your appreciation.  

Choices can be a problem sometimes, not being able to make up ones' mind.  Sometimes it is like you are the rope and two people have either end and there is a tug-of-war, though maybe the two people don't even see each other but, still, it is you, as the rope.  I am the two people too, each offering a unique perspective and way.  The rope (me) extends into each person, like a Borg probe extending into the other, gaining all of the persons knowledge, but not quite.  If it's me as the rope as energy I extend into each and I feel content.  Yet, I feel sad because I cannot truly go to both things, be with both people, at the same time.  Unless I bilocate, and not-so-simply (I think), be in two places at once.  Hence, I just be the rope and merge myself with the others and stay right here, writing to you all.  At least I think there is an all.  

We want to make our mark, don't we?  And influence each other.  We want to help one another.  I want to be true to myself, is all.  Then there is the self business.  I would prefer to call it the heart.  The heart-mind?  Well, the heart is where the feeling good is; that wholesome goodness that relaxes the body and where the appreciation is present, like basking in the sun.  

Often on Sunday's I will go out into the woods and take the dogs to run, up and down the trail and in and around me, in the woods, in the creek, in the pond, in the lake, in whatever-they-feel-like, just not in the other dogs, that may come along, too much.  With my hurt foot this makes trail walking difficult.  Plus, I try to keep my car clean for Lyft, but that can be handled.  So here I am again, in the house, being content, and sending my love to you all.

I know many of us are stuck at home.  Some of us are.  Maybe that is becoming less and less, but I do not think so, especially since there is so much fear around coronoavirus.  I sense it tangibly when friends get worried that I may catch it, or such and such.  We have to go back to the being a victim and deciding what we really want in life.  We have to remember that we create our realities with our fears and beliefs and all the rest... vibration... soul connection.... contracts- these are made each moment- but it is our love that, our basking in the free sun, that truly can guide us.  Like a friend, well, another writer wrote, that, many other writers wrote, is that we get what we focus on.  Some healthy distraction from fear of corona is absolutely necessary.  We love the planet and we want to stay and create.  We fear we may "catch" corona and be gone the next day.  It might be nice to be one with spirit, out-of-body, and be released from this life, yes, but I know we are in love with this life and that we will reincarnate right back.  

I want to tell you a story about an individual.  A long time ago he needed help.  There was a wolf around.  This wolf knew this individual because sometimes the person would feed it scraps.  The wolf would take the scraps for himself and also take it back to its honey and its litter.  So the person needed help one day because he broke his leg.  The wolf brought him food and kept the man alive until he was able to walk back to his cave.  From then on, this mind-stream between the wolf and man was developed and cultivated over each lifetime.  Each time the wolf came back to him, many times in one life because wolves do not live all that long; the wolf would come back and seek the man out.  Now here we are in modern day and the dog, with its Appalachian Trail (AT) mountain patch on its muzzle (as a birthmark of its previous lifetimes' accomplishment), is still with the man.  

I know in this life when I want to call Goliath Barley, my former dog who hiked the AT with me, that he is one that has been with me before.  

May we continue on in this beautiful, wondrous universe.  May the sun warm us and may we appreciate the warmth, which sends that love back to the sun himself.

I breathed in the sun and breathed out contentment, the sun breathed in contentment and shone all the more freely.

p.s. I know its not just one dog, but many dogs who have come to bless me and share and love and protect and love me in each life.  All unique, yet all the same, connected in the one great dogness of dog kingdom.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Forest Hums

Hop One Foot

Tree Snap