Thank you North Carolina

 Hello Glenwood, Greensboro, Siler City, Whitsett, The Piedmont of North Carolina!  I am moving soon, if you really want to know.  I want to tell you because it has been a nice run here.  Thank you!  The weather is pretty great and I enjoy the inclusive feeling of middle North Carolina.  Greensboro especially because it is diverse.  I have felt some exclusion but overall Greensboro is one of the more diverse places I have lived in and it feels to be, overall, harmonious.  

I have enjoyed the Glenwood (Steelman Park) community garden.  I am going to include a pic of the garden bed I was using.  Please take advantage!  I mended the soil quite a bit and, perhaps, some nitrogen-fixing Crimson Clover that I planted will be coming up in the Spring.

I came to Greensboro, really, to be close to the AmeriCorps headquaters, and because I thought I could make the most difference here.  I am right down the street from the Partnership to End Homelessness and only twenty minutes from my former site of Peacehaven Community Farm.  

I have met some wonderful folk here in Greensboro and the surrounding areas.  

I am moving to Lawrence Kansas to be with someone I love very deeply- The Love of My Life.  :)  We have reconnected from over twenty five years ago.  We met in high school.  I am excited and my heart is happy.  

The joy comes from within in me and I get to share it with her and she me, and I you, and all around.  I am doing what I need to do to stay in that happy place, floating.  Float with me!  :)  Do your thing!

Kansas can be cold and wintry.  It can be very hot!  I am looking forward to rediscovering it.    

I am not sure I have much else to day.  Just that I appreciate you all; the farmer's markets; the AmeriCorps program; the friends that I have made.  I have also gotten to spend time with my family and I must say a smile comes to my face when I think of my nephew, who is 6.  I will be leaving some things and nouns and be away on a distance, over a thousand miles from here!  There are planes, trains, and automobiles, even bikes and my two feet to enable to come and visit, and maybe you there to me.  

I wish you well.  I wish you love and joy.

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!


what else is there to say

but me and this computer


I have been writing a book.  I am working on transcribing it.  When it gets done and published, please check it out!  I will let you know.


Thank you much, Greensboro!  Thank you much NC!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Forest Hums

Hop One Foot

Tree Snap