Thank you North Carolina

 Hello Glenwood, Greensboro, Siler City, Whitsett, The Piedmont of North Carolina!  I am moving soon, if you really want to know.  I want to tell you because it has been a nice run here.  Thank you!  The weather is pretty great and I enjoy the inclusive feeling of middle North Carolina.  Greensboro especially because it is diverse.  I have felt some exclusion but overall Greensboro is one of the more diverse places I have lived in and it feels to be, overall, harmonious.  

I have enjoyed the Glenwood (Steelman Park) community garden.  I am going to include a pic of the garden bed I was using.  Please take advantage!  I mended the soil quite a bit and, perhaps, some nitrogen-fixing Crimson Clover that I planted will be coming up in the Spring.

I came to Greensboro, really, to be close to the AmeriCorps headquaters, and because I thought I could make the most difference here.  I am right down the street from the Partnership to End Homelessness and only twenty minutes from my former site of Peacehaven Community Farm.  

I have met some wonderful folk here in Greensboro and the surrounding areas.  

I am moving to Lawrence Kansas to be with someone I love very deeply- The Love of My Life.  :)  We have reconnected from over twenty five years ago.  We met in high school.  I am excited and my heart is happy.  

The joy comes from within in me and I get to share it with her and she me, and I you, and all around.  I am doing what I need to do to stay in that happy place, floating.  Float with me!  :)  Do your thing!

Kansas can be cold and wintry.  It can be very hot!  I am looking forward to rediscovering it.    

I am not sure I have much else to day.  Just that I appreciate you all; the farmer's markets; the AmeriCorps program; the friends that I have made.  I have also gotten to spend time with my family and I must say a smile comes to my face when I think of my nephew, who is 6.  I will be leaving some things and nouns and be away on a distance, over a thousand miles from here!  There are planes, trains, and automobiles, even bikes and my two feet to enable to come and visit, and maybe you there to me.  

I wish you well.  I wish you love and joy.

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!


what else is there to say

but me and this computer


I have been writing a book.  I am working on transcribing it.  When it gets done and published, please check it out!  I will let you know.


Thank you much, Greensboro!  Thank you much NC!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TP Finds You When You Need It

Blessings On This Thanksgiving

One Step