Christmas Past and Present

Christmas- a Christian holiday that is for everyone; for most of us get the day, or more, off.  I didn't.  It, so far, is a "normal" day but maybe I can make it a little more abnormal and play scrabble online with an old friend or maybe I'll give someone a call or go to a community meal offering.  I still feel some bitterness to life.  I feel the bitter cold.  Goliath and me outside for his morning walk in the 9 degree weather, or so, gets me a little impatient.  But I am impatient sometimes regardless of the weather.  

I remember Christmas growing up: lots of presents and family and food.  It makes me smile to think of it.  As an adult most of my, many of my Christmases have been spent away from family.  Away from presents and the things that I miss when friends and family come together, like hugs and chitter-chatter; just hanging out and playing a game; watching a movie.  

I do you hope you have a fun Christmas.  Charlie Brown is probably on or the "You'll shoot your eye out" Christmas movie with tongues stuck to frozen poles and romping kids playing naughty.  

I miss the naughty.  Every time I think of it I feel sad.  But I am happy for others, mostly, who are being naughty.  

I think of loved ones who have moved on from this life.  They send their love.  Some, many have already come back in different forms, different human forms.  C'est la vie.  But their self that was a personality when we knew them will remain until we too decide to leave the planet.  

Reindeer and sleighs

all go away 

and what remains is my love, your love,

what remains is this love, a love

what remains is love

It is the choosing that creates so many facets of it

May the light within you that is love continue to shine.  I miss you and I love you all.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Forest Hums

Hop One Foot

Tree Snap